Friday, August 8, 2008

Block Island Trip




What a beautiful day. My cousin, Jean and I decided to go to Block Island for a hiking trip. We left Gallilee, RI around 11 am and arrived on the Island about noon. We walked about a half mile to a beautiful restaurant on the water called the "Oar". After lunch, with map in hand we proceeded to find the nearest hiking trail. Needless to say, we missed the trail and after walking for about an hour, decided that we were lost. However, we discovered many hidden gems in the woods, beautiful homes and when we finally found the trail and hiked it, we ended the hike at this beautiful farm. I believe the name was "Beacon Farm".

1 comment:

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Hey Neighbor, I come from RI also. I love Block Island, a great place to visit. We just came back from a week in Westport on the Westport River, very relaxing.