Monday, December 24, 2012

Eggnog Gingerbread Trifle

We had an early celebration yesterday with my brothers and their family.  It was so nice to get together after so many years apart.  I love making desserts.  I made a beautiful eggnog trifle and cheesecake.  The trifle was a big hit.  I substituted light eggnog and light cool whip for the topping.  The gingerbread cake was a cake box purchased just adding 1 egg and water.  I also layered raspberries between the layers and topped with the raspberries on top with crumbled gingerbread topping.  The original recipe can be found here http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/12/eggnog-gingerbread-trifle.html .  I added to my Santa Claus mug collection.  I have original Santa Clause mugs that must be over 50 years old originally purchased by my grandmother.  Pottery Barn started remaking the mugs last year and each year I add to the collection.  This year I purchased the Santa Claus cookie jar which is so cute.  www.potterybarn.com  If you don't buy these at the beginning of the season, they are tough to get close to Christmas.  Don't wait for the sale on them, they will be gone. Next year I hope to add the cookie plate.  The kids love these.


 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: