Sunday, January 20, 2013

Slow Cooker Vegetable Lasagna

Who doesn't love coming home to the wonderful smell of a home cooked meal.  I love using the crockpot and I have been on a search to try new recipes beyond the chicken and beef I usually plop in and add vegetables.  I came across this recipe on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/pin/262334747016420895/ and decided to give it a try. I adapted some of the ingredients and had to adapt the lasagna noodles to fit my crockpot.  We don't all have these oblong ones. I simply broke the noodles in half or in quarters and layered them to fit the pot. I also purchased a small Portobello mushroom package and used half of that simply make small sliced pieces.  The entire prep took about 15 minutes.

Here is a link to the original recipe.  http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/crockpot_lasagna.html  I changed the recipe a bit, making it a little easier. I bought frozen spinach and zucchini.  I partially cooked it in the microwave and drained the excess water.  I had on hand minced garlic in a jar.  I also could not find whole wheat lasagna noodles and replaced those with the original lasagna noodles.

The total cost of all the ingredients was $23, including a loaf of Italian Bread.  I am sure this would feed at least 5 people and will make a great left over.



No comments: